Resources for AmeriCares U.S. Partners and Health Care Safety Net Facilities
The resources contained in this site are provided to enable health care safety net facilities to increase their capacity to deliver high- quality care and meet the health care needs of their low-income, uninsured and underinsured patients. The resource topics range from areas of clinical care such as behavioral health integration for clinics, practice management, useful resources developed by other safety-net facilities to health care reform.
Depending upon the topic, the format of information contained in each section may vary. There are links to:
- how-to guides which provide step by step descriptions
- case studies which recount a clinic’s experience with implementing a new model of care.
- publications of articles from clinical or association journals
- screening tools and practice guidelines related to the diagnosis and treatment of diseases published by government agencies and/or professional health care associations
- educational web-based programs presented by thought leaders on key topics
The resource topics in this section include:
- Oral Health - Increasing Access to Oral Health for the Uninsured and Underinsured
- Behavioral Health - Integrating Behavioral Health with Primary Care in a Safety Net Facility
- Diabetes - Diabetes Management for the Uninsured
- Cardiovascular Health - Cardiovascular Care for the Uninsured and Underinsured
- Asthma and Allergy - Helping Individuals Living Below the Poverty Line Manage Their Astham and Allergy-Related Diseases
- Infectious Diseases - Increasing Access to Treatment for Infectious Diseases for Uninsured and Underinsured Populations
- LGBTQ Health - Increasing Access to Care for the LGBTQ Population
- Access to Pharmaceuticals, Supplies and Equipment Donations – Supplying free clinics and other safety net providers with pharmaceuticals and medical supplies for their underserved population
- Practice and Facility Management - Improving Practice and Facility Management of the Safety Net Facility
Many of the links listed in our resource section may already be known to you as they are from clinic and community health care centers, government agencies, professional health care associations and societies, and organizations focused on health care reform. The information found in these links is designed to supplement the information you already receive from your association.