Increasing Access to Care for the LGBTQ Population
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) patient population faces many clinical challenges. Safety net facilities provide access to health care for this often marginalized patient population. The information provided in this section, publications, webinars and links to websites is designed to help safety net providers develop a better understanding of the clinical issues facing the LGBTQ patient population and help them meet the medical needs of these patients.
- Clinical Issues for LGBT Patients - National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC)
- Consensus Report on The Health of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender People - Institute of Medicine
- Resource Page on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Health - HealthyPeople.gov
- LGBT Older Adults: Falling Through the Safety Net - movement advancement project (MAP)/Services & Advocacy for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Elders (Sage)
- The National LGBT Health Care Education Center Webinars - The Fenway Institute
- Cultural Competence: Quality Healthcare for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender People - Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA)