Clinical Resources for Health Care Safety Net Facilities
The primary focus of the clinical resource section is to provide information on the diagnosis, treatment and management of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, depression, HIV/AIDS, and asthma. In addition to resources related to chronic diseases, there are additional sections on oral health and treating the LGBTQ population.
Photo by Matthew McDermott
Many of the resources included in the clinical section for free clinics and other health care safety net facilities were selected because of their easy-to-use format. Depending upon the topic, each section includes how- to guides, case studies, practice guidelines, publications and additional links for the clinician and the patient. Additional clinical topics will be added to this list over time.
The resource topics in this section include:
- Oral Health - Increasing Access to Oral Health for the Uninsured and Underinsured
- Behavioral Health - Integrating Behavioral Health with Primary Care in a Safety Net Facility
- Diabetes - Diabetes Management for the Uninsured
- Cardiovascular Health - Cardiovascular Care for the Uninsured and Underinsured
- Asthma and Allergy - Helping Individuals Living Below the Poverty Line Manage Their Asthma and Allergy-Related Diseases
- Infectious Diseases - Increasing Access to Treatment for Infectious Diseases for Uninsured and Underinsured Populations
- LGBTQ Health - Increasing Access to Care for the LGBTQ Population
- Thyroid Disease - Resources for the management of Thyroid Disease for Uninsured and Underinsured Populations
- Eye Health - Eye and Vision Care for the Unisured and Underinsured
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Treating low-income patients for GERD
- Immunizations and Vaccines - Safety Net Providers Help the Uninsured and Underinsured Gain Access to Immunization Programs