Understanding How Quality Improvement (QI) Can Improve Quality of Care in Your Clinic or Health Center
To continue to improve the delivery of quality care, free clinics and other healthcare safety net facilities may wish to consider implementing quality improvement strategies. This section provides a variety of tools for developing and implementing quality improvement programs.
Quality Improvement ("QI") Tool Box:
- QI How-to-Guide
- QI Appendix: Graphical Tools
- QI Appendix: Planning Tools
- QI Case Study I: Shepherd's Hand
- QI Case Study II: The Free Clinics of North Carolina
- QI Case Study III: Metrocrest Community Clinic
- QI Case Study IV: Clinic of DuBois
- Safety Net Medical Home Quality Improvement Strategy - Safety Net Medical Home Initiative
- Atlas of Integrated Behavioral Health Care Quality Measures - Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Resource Page on Quality Improvement - HRSA
- Implementing Lean in a Safety Net Clinic - California Healthcare Foundation
- Integrating Oral Health into Primary Care - The Commonwealth Fund
Low-Literacy Health Resources
- Starting the Patient Conversation - Developed and utilized by the Cabrini Clinic prior to new patients meeting with the care coordinator. Contact Kelly at Kelly.Herron@trinity-health.org with questions.
- Menu of Services 1, 2 and 3 - Developed and utilized by Volunteers in Medicine in Westchester, PA to introduce patients to services provided and to start the health conversation. Contact Arkel Gordon at email@example.com with questions.
- Safety Net Medical Home Quality Improvement Strategy (Scroll down to view webinar offerings.) - Safety Net Medical Home Initiative