Americares is pleased to offer webinars related to capacity building for free and charitable clinics across the United States. Below is a list of past webinars with slides and audio, as well as upcoming webinars from Americares.
NEW: Blink Health - New Partnership with Blink Health Offers Access to Low Prices on Over 15,000 Meds presented by Michael Maag, Product Manager at Blink Health.
- We are excited to announce a new partnership between Americares and Blink Health, which allows you to purchase over 15,000 discounted medications on BlinkHealth.com. We will continue to provide our clinic partners with the same free, quality medicines and supplies. Blink is an additional resource to consider when the medication you need is not available on Americares U.S. Access.
Health Professional Students as Lay Counselors: An Evidence-Informed Model for the Delivery of Behavioral Health to Uninsured Immigrants presented by Juan Rodriguez-Guzman (4th year medical student, Yale School of Medicine) and Michelle Silva, PsyD
- Americares is pleased to offer this free webinar as part of the US Program's series of educational modules. HAVEN, Yale Medical School's Student Led Free Clinic, will present on the integration of behavioral health services in a free clinic setting. HAVEN's patients are overwhelmingly uninsured and undocumented. This one hour presentation will discuss the concept of psychoeducation and its role in mental health promotion and prevention of mental illness, as well as the role of a supervised health professional student as a facilitator of a psychoeducational intervention. Participants will also learn about the challenges and strategies for delivering behavioral health interventions within a student-run primary care clinic. The lessons can be applied readily to all safety net providers.
A Novel Collaborative Practice Model for the Treatment of Mental Illness in a Free Clinic Setting presented by Jennifer A. Buxton, BS PharmD, CPP, FASHP
- By the end of this presentation you should be able to: 1. Describe the need for novel models of mental health care, particularly for low-income, under- and uninsured patients in the free clinic setting 2. Describe the development, implementation, and potential benefits of a collaborative practice model designed to address the mental health needs of a low-income, under- and uninsured patient population and 3. Explore methods to incorporate similar models into one's own practice.
Development of Pharmacy Services in a Free Clinic Setting presented by Jennifer A. Buxton, BS, PharmD, CPP, FASHP
- By the end of this presentation you should be able to: 1. Describe the need for clinical and administrative pharmacy services in free and charitable clinic settings 2. Describe the development, implementation, and potential benedits of a clinical pharmacy services program addressing the chronic disease management needs of a low-income, under- and uninsured patient population at a local free clinic in Wilmington, North Carolina. 3. Explore methods to incorporate similar models into one's own practice.
Emergency Preparedness for Free and Charitable Clinics presented by Kristin Stevens, MS, CBCI, ABCP
- Free and Charitable Clinics are critical components of community emergency response and recovery. For many clinics, engaging in emergency preparedness activities can be challenging - especially when faced with time constraints, volunteer staff, and limited financial resources. This webinar will cover essential planning activities to ensure that clinics understand the fundamentals of preparedness so they are better positioned to support their communities during times of greatest need.
Succession Planning presented by Marty Hiller
- Succession Planning is often the last thing considered by an organization - until it is needed last month because of an unexpected change in organizational leadership. This webinar will focus on the basics for establishing sound policies and guidelines in regard to sucession planning for governance, administrative and operational leadership.
- Hiller & Servaites, established in 2010, provide professional, comprehensive, and innovative training, technical assistance, and consultation services to individuals and non-profit health organizations throughout the country. Specializing in work with free and charitable clinic's staff, Board of Directors and Associations, we bring over a half-century of collective experience as free clinic leaders.